As a surprise on Naomi's last day of school I took her to see a local production of "Annie." I didn't know entirely what to expect, but Naomi ADORES the movie so I knew she would love seeing it come to life. And I was right:) I have to admit, they had me at the thought of an Asian Annie in a red 'fro. It made for a unique experience, and that little girl could S-I-N-G! Both Naomi & I were quite impressed.
We got all dressed up, went to dinner together, then caught a cab to the theatre. In the taxi on the way there Naomi told me we were, "fancy ladies." It was so much fun to take my baby out for a fancy ladies' night!!! During the show I would glance over to see her face lit up with excitement. We had a ball.
After the show Naomi said she'd like me to rent the stage at our local mall so she could preform some songs. Huh? My shy little Naomi? I guess she was inspired!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment