Saturday, June 18, 2011

Dragon Boat Carnival, TST, Hong Kong

One thing I love about Hong Kong is that they have a lot of holidays:) One of these is Tuen Ng Festival, aka the Dragon Boat Festival. To celebrate we went to the Dragon Boat Carnival in Tsim Sha Tsui. Of course before we made it to the carnival we had to stop by McDonald's for some ice cream. Here is the evidence:


TST is the district directly across the harbour from Central, Hong Kong's central business district. It makes for some amazing views!


Gigi's latest obsession: her nostril.

What's a Chinese holiday without a dragon dance? We watched this one on the waterfront.





Naomi went crazy with our point & shoot.




Ginger has suddenly developed a keen interest in Naomi's piggy tails. This is how that usually goes:
People are constantly taking pictures of the girls and often ask to have their picture taken with us. This time Jon told them yes - if they also posed for us. Our new friend was happy to oblige.

We finally made it to the races! It was quite a sight. We really enjoyed watching the dragon boat teams.





Crossing the finish line


One of the winning teams


Some of the carnival promoters offered to tattoo the girls. They loved it!


Sure enough a crowd formed to photograph the girls with their tattoos!






Ever feel like people are watching you?



All in all it was a very fun day! We headed home as dusk approached.


4 comments:

  1. hey lindsay i found your blog (again i think) & just wanted to say how amazing hong kong looks! your girls are BEAUTIES & how fun to read about such a different place. & your photography skills? wow. looks like all is well, glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how infatuated people get with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Char and Ginger are nose-picking soul mates. :) Such a cool celebration over there! I must say, besides missing you, if I had to have one friend live far away in Hong Kong, I am glad that it is you because of how well you capture it all on your camera! Seriously, everything is so vivid and charming. You inspire me to try a little harder with my nikon. :)
    p.s-thanks for your nice comment on my last post. :)

    ReplyDelete