Wednesday, May 18, 2011

No, it's not the bird flu.

I guess you know you're local when you show up to school wearing a mask because you have (nothing more than) a cough!

Naomi's school, as well as the Hong Kong population in general, is very concerned with the spreading of germs. I suppose this makes sense seeing as how there are SO many people packed into SO little space. Every day we are required to take Naomi's temperature and record it on a sheet which is then checked at the entrance of the school before they recheck her temperature, put sanitizer on her hands and have her wipe her shoes on a sanitizing mat. Seeing people of all ages wearing masks due to runny noses and coughs is just part of day to day life. Suffice it to say they take the spread of disease very seriously here!

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Michael Jackson would have been proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right, Mal! Next time I'm sending her with a mask AND one sparkly glove!!!

    ReplyDelete